• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heloo There

Ghost-Ranger

Hi everyone bit of a forum fan and i was so impressed with this 1 that i just had to sign up the info and politeness is 'A' Grade :)

My Names Pete, 19 years old, im from south west England Dorset, and have recently started up Mauy Thai, and have to say im loving it to bits especially with friends! i got strong legs from tons of running wich makes it easy to get into although currently ive ripped the shoulder muscel a bit from my last session so sympathy is welcome :)

Reasons for starting up martial arts was originally through fear of being bullied at school... however that was when i was 7 now im a "big lad" so to speak and have no worries of getting into fights! As ive been able to talk myself out of every potential one in the last 5-6 years (wich IMHO is one of the greatest gifts i own) Just the other week a guy through his drink over me while i was talking to my girl friend and he threatened to beat the hell out of me if i didnt leave ((never seen the guy b4 in my life :S) but I calmly dispersed the situation in a matter of sconds verbally :) so now my reason for taking up Mauy Thai is simply to get use up this stupid amount of energy i seem to have in a positive way although i can only see me doing it for a few years after that id like to move onto something a little more rounded more technical with more gaurds and counters and with some decent "training of the mind" although im a fan of big kicks :) ... any ideas?

Well Thats My randomly long Introduction of babble, thanks for taking the time to read and i look faward to reading what every1 has to say on this forum of infinate potential :D

Petey :kaioken: (sorry just love that emiticom)

-Give As You Expect To Get-

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi, welcome to the forum Pete. There is a lot of great people as well as Martial Artist here to help you with any questions you may have. I know I've learned a lot in the short time I've been here. It sounds like you have the gift of gab down pat. Remember "If your hand goes forth withhold your temper, if your temper goes forth withhold your hand".

Welcome once again!

Greg

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Welcome to the forums. I agree with you that verbal skills can be your greatest asset in self defense. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have a few back up moves if you can't talk your way out of a situation. :D Good luck with your training.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

:-? Sorry, Here in the states the "gift of gab" means the ability to talk your way out or into certain situations. Talk is always better than a fight unless you have no other option. :D Hope that clears it up for you. :lol:

Have a great day!

Greg

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi