• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When in a proper kickboxing stance where should your right hand be. Whenever I'm doing pad work in class or sparring my instructor keeps yelling at me that my right hand is too low. I keep it about chin height, should it be higher? He also says this is the reason why I get so many bloody noses from sparring so any help on how to keep my nose in one piece is greatly appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
my Karate instructor says keep the top of your fist level with your eye.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

When I'm in punching range, I keep it at cheek level. When I am at kicking range, I put my left fist about eight inches away from my face, at the same level. The reason for this is because I used to keep them both touching my cheeks, but my trainer Knocked me out one night. I didn't even know I was being kicked. It felt like someone was attacking me from behind. It was my glove placement. I had no lower vision with my gloves on.

That reminds me I just had a fight where I forgot to extend my guard, and that was the only good strike my opponent got on me. Boy, was I kicking myself in the behind! He threw that right round kick 3 or 4 more times. But I am proud to say, it was blocked everytime after that.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding