• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just saw a Demo of a Kenpo Master doing some strikes. I must say I am extremely impressed, I only see that kind of skill displayed by Kuntaoers. This guy, was a big fat overweight dude, but his hands FLEW, the strikes came in like a machine gun, just looks completely overwhelming.

To be honest, it looked a lot like Kuntao, only a bit more linear but the same principles were applied.

This was an American Kenpo guy from Utah, and he displayed just amazing skill. I wonder if this is common among Kenpo Practioners?

I own you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I hope it's common :). That's how my instructor is (not overweight, but machine gun yes). Hopefully I will be someday. I have to learn to think that fast :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

There is a southern Chinese art called "Kuntao", there is a group of Chinese/Indo arts called Kuntao Silat, and there is a Phillipino art called Kuntaw.

With no intention of hunting flames, I've not seen the really-great Kempo guy that I gound as impressinve as the reallygreat Kuntao Silat guy... But then, I've met more of the latter group.

• 2 weeks later...
For this particular style of Kenpo, I would say yes in regards to the fast and flowing hand strikes. American Kenpo, also known as Parker Kenpo, incorporates many hand strikes in their self defense techniques. They also incorporate kicks which are generally kept low.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 2 weeks later...
As a old school kenpo guy, I would say that that is typical of kenpo. Forget what some of the imposters, or " heirs apparent" to the kenpo throne may say, kenpo was not even really a formalized style until not that long ago. It was a concept" Hit hard, hit often, and hit from all angles. there is a lot of talk amongst the kenpo guys in Hawaii and other places, that Ed Parker left Hawaii an brown belt and landed a black if you know what I mean.

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.