• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Master Beats Me!

I do not like this kind of training it is hurting me emotionally what do I do? [/i]

Leave! Why do you participate in something that you don't enjoy? Or you could talk to him and get some answers and express your discomfort.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave: find a new school. Your instructor is still living in medieval times, I'd leave him there if I were you!!

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got involved in MA because you wanted something different than being hit wiht stick like some slave on galleon. It's your right to prevent this from happening. Talk to the instructor, just to show you are civilised. than leave. Find a school where techniqies are taught without this bad habit.

If I were to be punished for all my bad stances, katas done while dreaming and so on I think i would heve been long gone from this world. Repetition makes it better (quite perfect) not some weird with his medieval ways.

Martial arts are full of different traditions. If you don't like the style, just quit and go elsewhere. It's no big deal (unless the teacher injures students with his actions).

Many styles have traditional ways of "punishing/encouragin" a student to pay more attention to his technique details. Some make you do pushups when your punch is weak, some slap you with a stick. Some smile and say "nah, it's okay, you'll get it right some day".

There are even styles where hitting with stick is not even punishment, it's just a way to test the students' concentration focus. Go see how the Sanchin kata is done in some Okinawan styles like Goju-ryu or Uechi-ryu.

Take your time to find a new place to train..

Don't leave Martial arts for good because of this experience.. shop around and watch a couple of classes first, There's no rush.

I hope next time you'll train in a place you feel confortable with. Just don't give up on Martial arts.

Luck!