• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Master Beats Me!

HELP![/b]

I dont know what to do everytime I go to class and I do something wrong My master takes out his stick and hits me over the head and eyes with it I do not like this kind of training it is hurting me emotionally what do I do?

:cry: :evil:

I am training for myself not anyone else.. to be the best I can be in everything.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of finding a new dojo.... I have a deep opinion on the fact that you will not learn much unless you are in a comfortable atmosphere.

You could try talking to him. If he does it to just you then that is singling you out, but if he does it to all his students that may just be the way he teaches. Its up to you. Do what you think is best for you.

My master does the to everyone btw He is one of the most tradional chinese training kungfu guys left I guess he does everything old school but I dont know if i can take this any l9onger.

I am training for myself not anyone else.. to be the best I can be in everything.

There are a lot that do, and a lot that don't. Go out and find one that you're comfortable with. Just make sure you watch a few classes first.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I agree with KSN Doug. You will flourish in an environment you are uncomfortable with. Soon you will association discomfort and humilation with your train when it should do the exact opposit.

Please find a new Gym!!!

In search of the Temple of Light

First off if you don't want to get hit then don't do the thing you just did wrong again. That makes one less reason to get hit.

The training in past involved martial artists starting training at a very young age. Discipline was estabished through corporal punishment and endless drilling. Eventually the student would better in skills and would not need such constant reminders. This is perhaps how your instructor trained and will in turn train his students in a similar way.

If you choose to train with someone you can't just pick and choose what part of their teaching you like or what content you choose to absorb. If the thought of a caning is undesirable then I suggest you look for a new teacher.

Hello,

That's old School thing... Hitting people with sticks, tourture them, etc...In order to make you "tough".. military training kind.

My opinion..if you don't like it.. well, Go. Nowbody have to stay in place isn't confortable with.

I don't think that kind of thing will make you better, Personally i'd leave that place..