• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what type of poomse do you practice?

Thanks, I plan on sticking around for a while and am looking forward to learning more forms. There's really nothing like watching (or participating in) forms when they're in perfect sync. :grin:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up through the color belt ranks learning the Taeguek forms and I am now learning Palgwe. I enjoy the Palgwe forms better, they are more "art-like" than the Taeguek forms. I practice the WTF black belt forms Koryo, GuemGan, and Taebeck also.

For Hapkido I know the four forms (WHF) that were required for first dan. The Hapkido forms are much more difficult to learn that the TKD color belt forms.

tkdwolf

WTF 2nd Dan

USKMAF 1st Dan (Hapkido)

we do both the taeguek and the older hyungs in our schools...I dont like any of the first seven tegueks but they start feeling nice when you go into the black belt forms..but i really enjoy the older hyungs ..chon ji , tae guek won yo..e.tc. especially hwa rang and kwang gae and kae baek..I get totally lossed when doing these forms im in another world.

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

very interesting to know that the older and newer forms are still being taught out there somewhere.......great information guys thanks and keep it coming. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• 2 weeks later...

Our school teaches the older hyungs/ITF forms also- Chon-gi...to Tong-Il.

The 24 patterns represent 24 hours,

one day, or eternity. The name of the pattern, the number of movements, and the diagrammatic symbol of each

pattern symbolizes either heroic figures in Korean history or instances relating to historical events.

We did Palgwe forms for some time (because of TKD entering the Olympics) but no one from our school was seriously considering that route so we abolished them. (i didn't very much care for them).

Peace,

Deb

i love the old hyungs...they look good and feel good performing...i am not a big fan of the tae gae forms

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

The poomse we study are Taegeuk, I am currently a blue belt and I am working on Taegeuk Sa Jang which to this point is my favorite. I like the complexity of the form with the various stances, blocks and strikes.

Steve Dallas

Have a great day!

yes...taegeuk sajang (the 4th in the series of taegeuk poomses) is the begining of the complex forms of taekwondo... i like the introduction of the spearhand thrust used in this form.

good luck in your studies. :nod:

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Aug 17, 2001 11:11am

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson