• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FIGHTING IGNORANCE!

Hey, there's a surprising excuse for training in any MA that I haven't heard in a while. It's fun and can be enjoyed with the company of others! Maybe some other people can learn from that and lighten up a bit.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, there's a surprising excuse for training in any MA that I haven't heard in a while. It's fun and can be enjoyed with the company of others! Maybe some other people can learn from that and lighten up a bit.

No, you're wrong. Your art is not as good as mine and you are a coward if you won't step into the ring to prove it!

You are absolutely right. People have different reasons for taking martial arts and we should welcome them all, tolerate them all, and if we need to argue with them, we need to shut up and train some more. :P

Kuntao Silat- Very aggresive, your attitude is attack, attack, attack, there is no blocking, a bunch of styles claim they are both hard and soft but Kuntao Silat actually is. Incredibly fast and doesn't make your body do unatural or uncomfortable things. You follow your opponent to the ground, so if you have him down you punish him all the way to the ground and finish him there. Every attack puts your body at an imidiate escape route in case you miss or there's another bad guy coming.

Kali- Weapons drill, flow drills, and the weapon motions are exactly the same as the hand motions, only now your hands are a blur and well conditioned after long hours handling weapons. Teaches you to take pain, aint no way you go through Kali drills without getting whacked by a stick, on the knuckles your head ect so you don't flinch as much after getting smacked.

Ohh and, umm yah, they teach me to become a more well rounded, and respectful person blah blah blah yatah yatah, also good for health benefits ect.. ect.. blah blah..

I own you.

Useless dear KickChick. TKD, Shotokan, Judo, Aikido and so on are Ineffective. You are wasting your time and couldn't resist an attack on the street. Haven't you read the posts here?

~~~~ almost had me hopping the next plane to Romania :kaioken: grrrr!

:lol: listen .... when you've been a part of a this forum as long as I have, you learn (or at least give it a fighting effort) to let it that "stuff"go in one ear and out the other!! :roll: as of late I haven't been very successful at that ... we all have our limits!!!

There is no martial art style that is superior to any other. If there were everyone would be doing it and the variety of styles that are out there would be non-existent. From reading discussions in the various forums here, you come to the conclusion that every style has its own inherent strengths and weaknesses.

:wink: ..... understand that I know that ramy was bs'ing (she was trying to "be" that way. We know her better that that!!! :wink: :D

You know the more I read the title of this thread "Fighting Ignorance" ... the more I think about it... is it truly possible??? I mean there is alot of ignorance out there to battle!!!

As a martial artist, you should always seek to self-improve. Learning about and from other styles is one way of growing within your own art.

The benefit of the style I study is its aiki locks and basics in striking (kicking, choping, punching, etc.). It is also open to let new techniques in. Not closed like some styles. There is not an emphasis on fighting but self-defence. Which is different. Well Rounded system pretty much.

Doesn't excel in any particular area though. (Grappling, Striking, etc.)

~~~~ almost had me hopping the next plane to Romania :kaioken: grrrr!

Te astept ... (I'm waiting for you :)) Romania is a beautiful country. Make some time and money and visit it. I'll be your guide. And trust me ... dracula isn't all around Transylvania. By the way it's a very beautiful place.

:lol: listen .... when you've been a part of a this forum as long as I have, you learn (or at least give it a fighting effort) to let it that "stuff"go in one ear and out the other!!

I try ... I really do ... But sometimes I can't keep my mouth ... fingers :)

I've noticed the circularity of the threads :D When you think you've made something clear ... bang another appears with the same ideas. Huuuhhh. Hard

I crosstrain in many arts that are listed on my profile.

The benefits physically are learning the most devestating martial arts I have come across and gaining the skills that come with these. I am developing good all over body strength and constantly finding weaknesses and striving to improve upon them. The same can be said for flexibility. These things my body will appreciate 20 years from now.

Mental benefits are far more substantial. Training for 8 - 15 hours a week require will power determination, focus and concentration to learn the techniques. The confidence that goes with knowing the arts the skills and how to fight.

(Kensai: But then again everything I have said should apply to every martial art which makes the question redundant I would have said IMO)

pete,

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing