• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bugs? Errors? Things That Are Missing?

Hey all,

I know there will be broken links, issues, things that are missing, etc. I have my own list, ha. But if you come across anything, please use this thread. It may take me a while to review each one, just in full disclosure, but this will give me a good place to look, and I'll address them as soon as I am able. Don't be shy, even if you think it could just be an error on your end, I'd like to hear about it. :)

Thank you for your time and help.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Edit: Resolved!

I'm getting this message when I try to submit login information:

The information you’re about to submit is not secure.

Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not secure, your information will be visible to others.

I believe this will go away as the SSL certificate sets up, but noting it here so I can come back to it.

Edited by Patrick

One post into the new software and already I am putting things in the wrong section!! Oh wow.  Well, as I posted somewhere else, I am looking through it for the first time and will let you know if I see anything like that.  So far so good. 

Just now, KarateKen said:

One post into the new software and already I am putting things in the wrong section!! Oh wow.  Well, as I posted somewhere else, I am looking through it for the first time and will let you know if I see anything like that.  So far so good. 

Don't worry about it! Glad to see actual people here. :grin: Thanks Ken.

I thought maybe I read that you had mentioned this but then I looked again and did not see it, so if it has been addressed already then, my mistake. At the top of the page it just reads "ad space" and there are not any ads showing.  Not sure if they should be ads there, or if the block is not supposed to be there, or what that is. 

14 hours ago, KarateKen said:

I thought maybe I read that you had mentioned this but then I looked again and did not see it, so if it has been addressed already then, my mistake. At the top of the page it just reads "ad space" and there are not any ads showing.  Not sure if they should be ads there, or if the block is not supposed to be there, or what that is. 

Thanks for mentioning this! For now, I'm just leaving some placeholders there for the possibility of ads. We've always had them but they I think Google may have stopped serving ads for us a while back, so if they come back, I didn't want to spring them on anybody like they weren't already there. But again, appreciate you mentioning it!

So far, so good that I can see. KF looks so AWESOME and COOL!! Thanks Patrick and his team for all of the hard long hours!!

One question, are the multiple emoticons of nearly each one a bug??

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

10 hours ago, sensei8 said:

One question, are the multiple emoticons of nearly each one a bug??

Thanks for the kind words and for mentioning this. The reason they are displayed more than once is because they have more than one short code. For example, the green one with the big smile can be accessed from all of these:

:D
:-D
:grin:

I can see how that is a little oft-putting. I am not sure I can do much about it without breaking past uses of two of those. But I'll keep it in mind in case I see a solution as it isn't ideal. Thanks again.

I am not sure what happened but last night I wrote and submitted a post in the football thread that did not go through, then when I came back today my replay was set up, but did still need to be posted.  I have not had this problem before with the old or new software, so I don't know if it was a mistake that I made, maybe I thought I submitted and I did not, or there was a glitch that lead to it.  Figured I would let you know. 

26 minutes ago, KarateKen said:

I am not sure what happened but last night I wrote and submitted a post in the football thread that did not go through, then when I came back today my replay was set up, but did still need to be posted.  I have not had this problem before with the old or new software, so I don't know if it was a mistake that I made, maybe I thought I submitted and I did not, or there was a glitch that lead to it.  Figured I would let you know. 

Thanks so much for mentioning this, Ken. You did not make a mistake. :)

I believe what happened here is you experienced a new feature here, which is that the software will try to save your current draft in the event of an error. So, for example, if the website went down or your internet went down, and the post didn't go through, it'll try to save whatever you wrote at the last point it was connected. I'm sure it's not perfect, but it will save some posts.