• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Silva vs Sonnen

Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen are set to face off in an exhibition boxing match June 15. If you are an MMA fan you might recall that these guys had two high profile fights against each other in the UFC many years ago, with Silva winning both of them. I could be wrong, but I believe that the rematch is considered one of the most anticipated events in UFC history. Anyway, they are going at it again this time as boxers. Not sure what the point is but that is what they are doing.

The fight will be in Brazil.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, realistically Silva is going to win easily if he wants to. Sonnen is an excellent wrestler, not a striker, and Silva is good enough at boxing to beat a former world champ in Chavez Jnr (granted he is washed up but still an achievement for an mma fighter)

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, realistically Silva is going to win easily if he wants to. Sonnen is an excellent wrestler, not a striker, and Silva is good enough at boxing to beat a former world champ in Chavez Jnr (granted he is washed up but still an achievement for an mma fighter)

I guess Silva did not really try to win? I am not sure. I didn't see much info about it here in the USA but it looks like there was no official winner, though Silva was the better performer.