• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Test the New KarateForums.com! (KF Turns 23)

Will do, DarthPenguin!

It's been a long time in the making, and I look forward to seeing it come to fruition! Thanks for all the work you do behind the scenes, Patrick!
Congratulations, Patrick! Your tireless dedication to the quality that KarateForums.com is known for will now allow it to perpetuate into the future! This is going to be a great step for KF!

Thank you for your kindness and your help, too, Noah and Brian. :) It means a lot.

Everyone - it's definitely not too late if you'd like to be a part of the group who tests. If you're interested, just drop a reply here or send me a PM. As mentioned, I am expecting to let folks in toward the end of this week, but the invite will remain open for a while after that. I'll continue to update the thread here as that process moves forward.

Thanks again,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I will be opening up testing tomorrow. :) At that time, I will send you private messages with the details, DarthPenguin and Zaine, and invite you to a private forum to share feedback. If anyone else would also like to join, there is definitely still time - just let me know. Thanks!

I will be opening up testing tomorrow. :) At that time, I will send you private messages with the details, DarthPenguin and Zaine, and invite you to a private forum to share feedback. If anyone else would also like to join, there is definitely still time - just let me know. Thanks!

Sounds good to me, just let me know what you need done. Realistically i might not log on over the weekend so i will pick it up on Monday i think (just to set expectations!)

The new KarateForums.com is now open for member testing! Thanks again to DarthPenguin and Zaine for volunteering. If anyone else would like to join them, please let me know! I'll keep it open for now, and will provide some advance notice here when we close to new folks.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hey all,

Testing is going well! I'm really getting excited about the new site. I wanted to call out that I have decided to close the window for participants a week form today, on June 11. Testing will remain ongoing, but if you'd like to raise your hand, you have 7 more days to join. Thank you!

Patrick

We are now closed to new testing participants. Testing remains ongoing. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered and offered feedback. Once we have a clear timeline as far as when the migration will happen and when the site will come online, I will provide an update in a new announcement.

I am going to leave this thread open for now, for any additional questions.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Testing has now concluded. I want to publicly say a big thanks to DarthPenguin, KarateKen, and Zaine for their time in offering feedback, reviewing the new site, and identifying issues to address. I'd similarly like to thank all of our staff - aurik, bushido_man96, Nidan Melbourne, sensei8, and Wastelander - for doing the same. Between all of their efforts, along with the time I and my engineer friend have spent testing, I feel very confident that we're ready to make this new site a reality.

Our next steps are to finalize our migration process, in reflection of this feedback, and schedule a time to take the site offline. I'll obviously keep you all in the loop. Please stay tuned for a new announcement with details!

Thanks,

Patrick