• advertisement_alt

What book are you reading?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson.

also

The Language of the Night by Ursula K. Le Guin

I enjoyed Elantris, but you can tell it's one of his earlier (published) works. His writing has definitely evolved and improved over the years. I've only read the four Earthsea books by Le Guin; how is The Language of the Night?

That was the impression I got as well. It wasn't bad, just unpolished.

The Le Guin book is a collection of essays and speeches she gave on literary criticism. I think it's great, but dry and specialized. If you're interested in criticisms of the treatment of SF/F books and the like, it's awesome.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I just finished "in the shadow of kings" by Phillip Quantrill. Really enjoyed it. If you like fantasy novels his Echoes series is superb (this is a prequel series).

Just started on one of the few Steve McHugh books i haven't read (the vampire one) - it has become quite obvious now though that the protagonist in his varying series is just the same character by a different name: Nate Garrett from the Hellequin books (which i enjoyed) is just Lucas Rurik (from the Riftborn books) is just Miles Watson. That is getting slightly old in this one so i will see how i go with it.

Recently finished the 'wizardoms' books too which were an entertaining read

Be Water, My Friend by Shannon Lee.

The daughter of Bruce Lee wrote a book about his teachings.

That's cool. Might be worth looking into.

I am not far enough into it yet to have an opinion, but it has been on my bookshelf for a while, so I decided it was time to read it.

So many books and not enough time.

I am not far enough into it yet to have an opinion, but it has been on my bookshelf for a while, so I decided it was time to read it.

Ain't that the truth?

I've been poking through Taekwondo, A Path to Excellence, by Doug Cook. Unfortunately, I'm reading the history section right now, which is usually painful in a TKD text. And usually false.

Ain't that the truth?

I've been poking through Taekwondo, A Path to Excellence, by Doug Cook. Unfortunately, I'm reading the history section right now, which is usually painful in a TKD text. And usually false.

Is there some contiversy about when TKD became a martial art?

Ain't that the truth?

Is there some contiversy about when TKD became a martial art?

No, the controversy is how it is related to the "ancient" Korean styles. Short answer, it isn't.