• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

McGregor vs Chandler

Dana White has announced that McGregor is out of 303 with an injury. The new main event is Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka.

As of this posting there has been no announcement by the UFC of if/when the fight will be rescheduled.

Yeah it's a shame for Chandler, though to be fair to McGregor it's the first time he has ever pulled out of a fight so need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is also yet another example of Poatan stepping into the breach and gradually becoming the biggest star in the UFC! They may even give him his HW belt shot soon if he keeps stepping up like this!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement from McGregor posted on X:

"Very tough to be ruled out of my scheduled return bout. I picked up an injury prior to the press conference that required more time to heal than was available to me. The decision to postpone the fight was not made lightly, but one made in consultation with my doctors, the UFC, and my team. My fans and opponent deserve me at my best for this fight and we will get there! Thank you for the messages of support, I am in good spirits and confident I’ll be back!"

IF I was Chandler, I wouldn't wait around much longer. We don't even know what the injury is or the severity of it. If the fight gets rebooked in the next few weeks, then sure, stick it out, but if we get more of this stuff that is kind of "we will see it when we see it" then it might be time to move on, otherwise he could be waiting around another six months only to learn the fight is never going to happen. It's a gamble because if he gets the fight it is a huge payday and the biggest fight of his life, however if he waits around for a fight that never happens, suddenly two plus years of his career are gone with nothing to show for it. Tough spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Chandler has been offered Islam Makhacev for a fight in October but.......said that if C. McG is ready in September he would still take the fight.

• 5 weeks later...
Looks like McGregor won't be fighting before October. My guess is that he will never fight in the UFC again.
Why do you think that?

It doesn't seem to have any point. He has nothing to prove and has more money than he can ever spend. He has not fought in over three years, is currently injured, and last time he did fight he suffered a major injury. With nothing to prove, no title on the line, and 300 million plus in the bank, why come back and risk further injury? It doesn't make sense to me.

However, he is saying that he plans to fight in December so I could be completely wrong.

I've really lost track of time. I didn't know he hadn't fought in over three years.

July 10, 2021. Lost to Dustin Poirier after breaking his leg at the end of round one. A disappointing way for the main event to end. I did not have a rooting interest; I just remember it well because I was new to the UFC and it was my first time watching a PPV.

• 2 weeks later...