• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wastelander Hits 10 Years as a Moderator

Hey all,

Today marks 10 years that Noah (Wastelander) has been a moderator on KarateForums.com.

It was just over a year ago that we were celebrating his 10 years on staff. In case that is confusing at all, you can be on our team without being a moderator. So, that was 10 years on staff, and this is 10 years as a moderator.

As I said then, it has been a joy to watch Noah grow from a young martial artist to an MMA fighter, an instructor, a school owner, and more. It's been a delight to see him grow as a man and to attend his wedding. Noah participates in KarateForums.com in a way that sets a standard for others. Knowledgeable, but not forceful with that knowledge. A person with ideas, who is also open to ideas. And, of course, kind and welcoming.

Thank you, Noah, for being a thoughtful contributor to both our community and our team. Your dedicated approach to moderation and the careful way that you think through the decisions that you make is something that is both noticed by me and appreciated by our community.

I have been fortunate to have multiple moderators reach 10 years and what has become tradition, as a token of our appreciation, is to send them and their family out for a great dinner. I've spoken with Noah's wife, Stephanie, and have a place in mind, but I will send Noah a private message after I post this, just to arrange those details.

I hope that you'll join me in congratulating Noah on this mark. Thank you for reading.

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats, Noah on reaching 10 years as a KF Moderator. I echo what Patrick has pointed out in his OP with great appreciation and gratitude for all that Noah has contributed to both staff and members these past 10 years at KF.

Noah's all this and a bag of chips. He's a valued part of KF all through and through. He's quite solid across the board and I'm blessed to call him friend. His support is unequivocal towards all here at KF.

Thank you, Noah for all that you do here at KF.

Here's to another 10 years.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! It's been a wonderful journey, and I've been able to make some great friends along the way! I look forward to continuing on for another 10!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Congratulations, Noah. Your incite and contributions to KF have been stellar from day 1. As a moderator, you've been a bulwark at KF. Keep up the great work and here's to another 10 years!

Congratulations Noah!

Any insight on how you've seen the discussion change over the years?

There's an ebb and flow to discussion forums, in my experience. There are a lot of beginner questions and conversations, and over time they mature as the martial artists involved mature and grow, until new beginners start to come in, and a lot of the same conversations come up. The thing about that is that we get to see how the folks who've stuck around have evolved over time thanks to those discussions. It makes for a great community, as well!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Congratulations, Wastelander...thanks for everything you do!

Domo arigato! :karate:

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)