• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone going to watch this event? The card is stacked with O'Malley fighting to defend the belt. O'Malley is one of the most popular guys in the sport, maybe only second behind McGregor, and some other fighters I like such as Kevin Holland, Gilbert Burns, and many others are on this event.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah i will definitely be watching it. Not sure if i would agree that he is one of the most popular guys, would say he is one of the most polarising guys. Most people i know can't stand him.

Personally i don't mind him winning at the weekend as i would quite like to see Merab crush him!

I do like Burns and Holland too so should be a fun card!

• 2 weeks later...

I predict O'Malley is going to take it. Vera won the first fight but that was over three years ago. I think it's a great fight with O'Malley winning by TKO in the 4th or 5th round. Wouldn't be surprised if it went the distance though.

I'd like to see Holland, Burns, and Poirier win. Those are not predictions just rooting interest.

I've never seen a UFC card I had more interest in from top to bottom, even several of the prelims I am excited for.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Yeah should be interesting - i am more looking forward to UFC300 as the card is stacked top to bottom (though the main event is slightly underwhelming but still a good fight).

Wouldn't object to any of those winners tbh - though i do find it hard to root for O'Malley at all as i can't stand his attitude!

Yeah should be interesting - i am more looking forward to UFC300 as the card is stacked top to bottom (though the main event is slightly underwhelming but still a good fight).

Wouldn't object to any of those winners tbh - though i do find it hard to root for O'Malley at all as i can't stand his attitude!

I have mixed feelings on O'Malley. There are things I like about him but also he can be annoying. I understand when people don't like his attitude.

300 is definitely a stacked card, though I feel Dana oversold the main event a little bit. It will be a good fight though.

Edit: I'd like to add Curtis Blaydes, Maycee Barber (though I could go either way on this one), and Rafael Dos Anjos to fighters I would like to see win on Saturday.

I have mixed feelings on O'Malley. There are things I like about him but also he can be annoying. I understand when people don't like his attitude.

300 is definitely a stacked card, though I feel Dana oversold the main event a little bit. It will be a good fight though.

Edit: I'd like to add Curtis Blaydes, Maycee Barber (though I could go either way on this one), and Rafael Dos Anjos to fighters I would like to see win on Saturday.

Yeah true enough. While i really like watching Pereira i think him vs Hill is more of a co-main tbh.

Good win for O'Malley though. They really are pushing him to be a big star. Can't see him getting past Merab though

I've lost complete interest in the UFC a very long time because to me, the UFC was raw and beautiful, but then the pageantry of it all made the UFC ugly to me. I can't remember the last time I watched the UFC and its like.

That's just me. Sorry.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Nice wins for O'Malley. DP, and Maycee Barber. We might see Barber on the main card for her next fight. O'Malley and Merab is the fight that makes sense to me.

Nice wins for O'Malley. DP, and Maycee Barber. We might see Barber on the main card for her next fight. O'Malley and Merab is the fight that makes sense to me.

Definitely, has to be Merab for title next.

Poirier is in a weird situation (as is often the case): i doubt he would ever bear Makhachev (or probably Oliveria) so i don't think he will get the belt but he is still one of the top couple of fighters. I can see him being almost like a final barrier now before a title shot for a true worthy contender