• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst Christmas Gifts

KarateKen

Even though someone might have good intentions, there are times when a Christmas gift is either lazy, bad, or even offensive. We have all had these, I assume, and I think it is funny to hear about it. If you have any experiences as a child or adult receiving rotten or bizarre gifts, please share.

When I was 21 and back home from college a family friend gave me a wind-up toy penguin as a gift.

Years later the same guy gave our family a framed photo of himself. :-?

When I was about 10 my dad's bother gave me a used gym bag and when we opened the bag we saw it had mold in it.

Another year he gave me a book, not remembering that he gave me the exact same book a year earlier.

From another relative once I got a check that bounced.

:weirdlook:

I could keep going but I want to hear yours. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting a framed picture of the guy is absolutely hilarious and I might do that to some of my friends as a joke.

The worst thing I ever got was mega-blox instead of legos. Or a t-shirt specific to my aunt's church that I wasn't very interested in. Altogether, I've been pretty lucky in that the people in my life usually ask directly what I want and then get it, provided that I haven't asked for something asinine like a go-cart or a laptop.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Getting a framed picture of the guy is absolutely hilarious and I might do that to some of my friends as a joke.

It's not a bad idea for a gag gift but this was not even that, it was intended to be legit.

I'd say at least 80 percent of the gifts I have gotten were either bad or I just did not have any use for. I'm not a big consumer and don't even really want anything, it has been that way for years, so a lot of the stuff either gets returned, regifted (that's right I said it) or donated (this is especially true for clothing and books.)