• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing Fees

What does the test include. That’s the question that matters to me. Some schools break boards for testing as I always have in my programs. They cost. At red belt you receive a new red belt uniform which is standard in Tang Soo Do. At black belt you receive yet another uniform which costs 100 dollars alone or a bit more coming from Korea (I have since stopped using since Covid as prices have skyrocketed). How long is the test. Some schools give belts in tournament like many BJJ schools, others come to the school on a separate day where the instructor wouldn’t not have been there.

I charge I’m 2024, $55 for under black belt tests, and $250 for black and up. In fairness I am usually much cheaper for monthly tuition as it bothers me to charge a car payment for classes, always has. I also didn’t raise prices for tuitions even with inflation. Testing fees went up 15 dollars though. I’d rather inflate testing because that’s not monthly and is less of a burden financially. You can still participate in school without Testings, but not the other way around as you don’t need to test to participate in school.

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
What does the test include. That’s the question that matters to me. Some schools break boards for testing as I always have in my programs. They cost. At red belt you receive a new red belt uniform which is standard in Tang Soo Do. At black belt you receive yet another uniform which costs 100 dollars alone or a bit more coming from Korea (I have since stopped using since Covid as prices have skyrocketed). How long is the test. Some schools give belts in tournament like many BJJ schools, others come to the school on a separate day where the instructor wouldn’t not have been there.

I charge I’m 2024, $55 for under black belt tests, and $250 for black and up. In fairness I am usually much cheaper for monthly tuition as it bothers me to charge a car payment for classes, always has. I also didn’t raise prices for tuitions even with inflation. Testing fees went up 15 dollars though. I’d rather inflate testing because that’s not monthly and is less of a burden financially. You can still participate in school without Testings, but not the other way around as you don’t need to test to participate in school.

Fair questions.