• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Meaning of Life

KarateKen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's the billion-dollar question of which I'm more than sure that will vary greatly. The meaning of life is understood according to the beliefs that people adhere to.

Why are we here? Do we serve a greater purpose beyond the pleasure or satisfaction we get from our daily activities, however mundane or heroic they may be? Is the meaning of life internal to life, to be found inherently in life’s many activities, or is it external, to be found in a realm somehow outside of life, but to which life leads?

What is the meaning of life? The meaning of life is connecting with the purpose, and for that purpose to guide us into development and service. We have this intrinsic, burning desire to know what we are made to do, but before can get on board with developing into that, we need to understand why we are here.

There are any number of subjective answers to this question. I'm sure that whatever our belief system is, so is that which drives our answer to this answer.

What's the meaning of life?? The summation of 'Why' is to the summation of 'Because'. The meaning of life is not being dead. There's no meaning of life, we simply exist.

Interesting question, as its answers, for sure!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Life is. People are born, they live, and they die.

I think the goal is to make sure you feel like your existence is meaningful, and you are positive in that aspect. Do what you can, be good, be helpful, give back, etc.

I think the goal is to make sure you feel like your existence is meaningful, and you are positive in that aspect. Do what you can, be good, be helpful, give back, etc.

Solid post!!

Very succinctly put! Would agree it distils things down though once you go up a layer then the complexities and difficulties crop up (different peoples ideas of what is good etc.) though that opens up a whole other can of worms!

Very succinctly put! Would agree it distils things down though once you go up a layer then the complexities and difficulties crop up (different peoples ideas of what is good etc.) though that opens up a whole other can of worms!

It definitely does. One person's idea of good is the next person's idea of sin.

Going back to bushido's point, I agree that we want to find meaning and many humans spend years of their lives searching for that without getting satisfying answers.

Some would argue that there is no universal meaning to life and that it is up to the individual to decide what matter to them and live based on those values. This idea seems to make sense to me, the meaning of life is whatever we make it out to be, but it also feels a little too open ended.

Going back to bushido's point, I agree that we want to find meaning and many humans spend years of their lives searching for that without getting satisfying answers.

Some would argue that there is no universal meaning to life and that it is up to the individual to decide what matter to them and live based on those values. This idea seems to make sense to me, the meaning of life is whatever we make it out to be, but it also feels a little too open ended.

I would certainly argue this point. The meaning of life is to live it. Good, bad, or somewhere in the middle, it is our life to lead. We can focus on the bad or we can uplift the good. In searching for the meaning of life, we often lose the plot of it all. We focus so much on the future that we forget to enjoy the now and it sours our memories of the past. There is no one answer. For Tesla, the meaning of life might have been to invent the things he invented. Perhaps Davinci felt that the meaning of life was in his paintings. For me, the meaning of my life is not in either of those. It's in my family, my writings, my martial arts, the world around me paints the picture and I get a chance to be one of the artists.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I think it's ok for it to be an open-ended question. The answer today likely won't be the same answer tomorrow. Best to be flexible.

"Be water, my friend!"

I think it's ok for it to be an open-ended question. The answer today likely won't be the same answer tomorrow. Best to be flexible.

"Be water, my friend!"

Well said, my friend!!