• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Quick Meals

Patrick

For those of us who cook, what are your favorite quick, go-to options for dinner?

I can usually whip up a rice, veggie, and chicken bowl pretty quickly. I normally have some frozen chicken breast on hand, so I'll bake that, and meanwhile, boil some rice, and start sautéing veggies. I normally have a bottle or two of sauce that we like (Japanese BBQ sauce being one of them), so I can always mix that in. Or, honestly, sometimes sautéed onions, garlic, and veggies create enough of a flavor with a little bit of oil.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Egg over rice. I love eggs (I even have a tattoo on my arm of an egg to show my love) and a fried egg over rice is quick, easy, and delicious. If I want to add to it, I can make some bacon, fry the rice, add veggies, make a stir fry, the options are limitless. But on my laziest days, an egg over rice is perfect.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Thanks for the replies, John and Ken! :) Pasta is another good one that is pretty quick! I like the idea of egg over rice, too. My wife will like that a lot.

My wife, Linda, makes a killer Tuna Casserole that's very quick to make. I make a pretty good Sloppy Joe's, which is quick and at my level of cooking expertise seeing that I make a quick bowl of...cereal. I do favor a nice Cheesy Toamto Bread for dinner.

Linda makes about 10 very quick meals besides her Tuna Casserole. Here's her quick 10:

*French Bread Pizza

*Honey Glazed Salmon

*Stuffed Pepper Casserole

*One pan Lemon Chicken

*Taco Spaghetti

*Steck Fettuccine in Creamy Sauce

*Creamy Tuscan Chicken

*Sheet Pan Chicken

*Baked Feta Pasta

*Salmon and Potato Skillet

Just wanted to brag on my wife, Linda.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Steak and Lamb Chops are also easy, and you can heat up the green beans or rice without much trouble for a balanced meal.

I never knew much about cooking but when the covid lockdowns happened and eating out was limited, I forced myself to start learning, and I found that it's not as hard as I expected.

I think that happened for a lot of people. I have a couple of friends who started to teach themselves how to cook because of Covid and now are pretty good at it.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I never knew much about cooking but when the covid lockdowns happened and eating out was limited, I forced myself to start learning, and I found that it's not as hard as I expected.

Yeah, I think that makes a ton of sense. I was already cooking a fair amount of our meals, but I am sure it helped me to expand my horizon a little.

Just wanted to brag on my wife, Linda.

Sounds good, Bob!

Steak and Lamb Chops are also easy, and you can heat up the green beans or rice without much trouble for a balanced meal.

STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!!

Heck yeah!! Steak is great with...everything. Quick and so fulfilling.

:brow:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!! STEAK!!

Heck yeah!! Steak is great with...everything. Quick and so fulfilling.

:brow:

It is one of my favorite foods and is easy to prepare, plus, like you said, it goes with everything. Great source of protein as well.