• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bald orange monks and me.

Hello all,

well its been a while since i posted or even replyed to this board. mainly because i had no news. now however i do. in 5 months time im off to china to join the shoulin temple. im not just posting to brag. im posting for two reasons. im going for 3 years and im scared to death of leaving everyone behind my friends my family... EVERYONE! and secondly i have access to a computer once every 2 weeks. and i am currently making a mailing list for my jornal walst im there. so if u want to hear how much i suffer. or just laugh at me send me a msg. and i will be starting it up within the month as a build up. i am also sending copys to several newspapers in the uk.

yours sincerly Henry South

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should try to post your newsletter here or have a friend do it for you. I think it would be extremely relevant to a lot of people here and a great service to us. If it isn't too much trouble please consider it :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Wow, talk about an experience! I don't know how hard it is to get into the Shaolin temple, but I'd say it's quite a privelige, and a fairly unique adventure. Please, keep us informed while you're there!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Henry, how about some info. How did you arrange this? What do you have to do to prepare for this experience? Will you live as a monk? Please keep us posted. Good luck!

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I volunteered to get emails from Henry South about his trip and take care of posting them here for him and he agreed. So I'll do my best to make sure we stay in the loop for all our benefit.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

yes i am joining an off shoot of the temple itself. however i have put serious thought about just packing up and leaving. their life is so much simpler than our complicated strait laced get in line bull****. pardon my french. but i think they have the right idea. i will however be attending dayly meditation and prayer cerimonys.

hope that has answered your question

Henry