• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle,

Well my WTF TKD dojang is $99!!! Eeeeekkkkkkk. I think the average here (in upstate New York) is around $90. Unless you find something in the YMCA (like I did). The cheapest I found outside the YMCA was $75.

Sub,

Thanks for the websites. It'll take me a while to go through them LOL.

Laurie F

i do my TKD at a YMCA, theres ntohin wrong with it, the instructor is amazing and that is what really counts. its cheap and very good. just because you pay the money doesnt mean you will get better trained........just my thought.

If you study TKD, Judo for you would be a new world. For $25 a month you can't really go wrong. As far as the techniques go, there are no punches and kicks. There are katas, but they aren't usually required till higher ranks. There is a self defense aspect to it, but that isn't what Prof. Kano intended when he created Judo. The ranks can vary from dojo to dojo, and association affiliation. They all start with white and end with black (actually red and white when you reach the really high ranks, but there's only about 10 people in this country who hold ranks that high.) In order to advance you need to compete, or play in tournaments. If the place is close I would try it out, the price is right. If you hate it, you can always quit and go back to your old dojang. It seems like a can't loose situation. Don't be put off by the location. I know of many Y.M.C.A.s with exceelt martial art programs.

Good Luck