• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Book Review : "The Black Belt Blueprint" by Nic Gr

Hi,

I just picked up a copy of 'the Black Belt Blueprint' by Nicolas Gregoriades and thought it might be of interest to some people to write a short review. I know that for myself i often look for reviews of martial arts books etc prior to purchase so i thought it might be useful.

I have a few other bjj books in the house that i would be happy to include a short write up on if anyone is interested

Review

The book is quite short but i think it is a good one. What it most definitely is NOT is a book full of techniques ala Jiu Jitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro or the Guard series of books by Joe Moreira & Ed Benneville. What it IS is a book covering general concepts for bjj and suggested methods for learning and absorption of techniques.

Personally i think it is best aimed at people with at least a year or two of experience in bjj to get benefits from it.

There is a really nice section covering suggested methods for drilling to retain new technqiues and make them a reflex.

A lot of the information due to the length of the book is quite high level but i think it is enough (personally) to give some ideas of areas to develop in and i think it will likely be quite helpful.

On the negative side there are a number of errors in the book, typos, mislabelled diagrams etc that do takeaway a little from the professionalism of the book. It is quite obvious that it is self published and it could have done with a higher level of proof reading (as an example there is one picture in my copy that shows someone performing an achilles lock to illustrate a point but the accompanying text discusses an armbar). Personally i don't find these errors too bothersome as the meaning of all of the sections is still clear but some people might.

Overall i would recommend it though.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Excellent review!! Whether the MA practitioner has a lot of experience or not, I sincerely believe that we as MAist needs to keep our minds open to the many things outside of their MA core.

Thank you, DarthPenguin.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Excellent review!! Whether the MA practitioner has a lot of experience or not, I sincerely believe that we as MAist needs to keep our minds open to the many things outside of their MA core.

Thank you, DarthPenguin.

Definitely agree.

While i said that i think it is best tailored towards someone with some experience to make the full use of it, the concepts would obviously help everyone.

Thank you, DarthPenguin.

Definitely agree.

While i said that i think it is best tailored towards someone with some experience to make the full use of it, the concepts would obviously help everyone.

If said book is more geared towards those MAist with some experience, this book can still be a reference whenever said experience is attained or very near so.

**Proof is on the floor!!!