• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fantasy Baseball

DarthPenguin

my auto draft was interesting too! drafted 4 shortstops! So i may have one or two available for trades.

On plus side it also drafted ohtani and trout, though ohtani will require a lot of attention - he needs to be removed from his pitching spot to be allowed to be DH and vice versa. Seems a bit mean to me!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the draft took place? I seem to have a roster, anyway.

Yeah you do...and you have NYY Pitcher Cole...nice!! My team is full of...well...it's full.

:)

Yeah, I'm going to have to do some tweaking, I think. May need to look to DP for some of those trades...

And they are off! Opening day in the bag and an interesting day it was. Aaron Judge homering on his first at bat - maybe he will hit 80!

Annoyingly for me Ohtani got 10k's (yay!) but as usual his bullpen messed up and cost him the win (boo!).

I'll try to post a weekly update on a Monday as to where things stand - i thought it would make things more interesting and keep the conversation flowing!

That sounds like a great idea, DP. I may have questions about how the roster needs to be set up going forward. I'm going to do some looking at it today.

I'll try to post a weekly update on a Monday as to where things stand - i thought it would make things more interesting and keep the conversation flowing!

That sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks DarthPenguin.

I'm pretty happy with my draft, though my trio of aces got rocked on Opening Day. Oh well, it's a long season. :)

Weekly Update Monday 3/4/23

Thats the season up and running with the first few days in the books.

The Fartknockers are in the lead though there are 4 teams within a span of 2.5pts at the top of the standings so a very even start so far!

Encouragingly the placeholder team is bringing up the rear of the standings - will be quite disturbing if the non actively managed team flies up the rankings though!

the auto drafts seem to have been interesting and given most teams multiple players in the same positions so there could be some interesting trades at the beginning of the season while people try to even out their rosters.

Short one this week, roll on the next week of the season

Fun update! :) Looking forward to reading these.

I was thinking that if someone reading this was wishing they had secured a team before the draft, that we could just give them the placeholder team. What do you think, DarthPenguin?

While the team is currently last, the season is so young, there is plenty of time to make up the small gap! The team isn't in last from a lack of talent - a small league means everyone is sort of stacked - but the placeholder team has 7 of the top 50 players in FantasyPros final ranking (Jose Ramirez, Bobby Witt Jr., Mookie Betts, Austin Riley, Max Scherzer, Shane McClanahan, Dylan Cease), including 2 in the top 10. Plenty of value on the waiver wire in a league like this, too.

Fun update! :) Looking forward to reading these.

I was thinking that if someone reading this was wishing they had secured a team before the draft, that we could just give them the placeholder team. What do you think, DarthPenguin?

While the team is currently last, the season is so young, there is plenty of time to make up the small gap! The team isn't in last from a lack of talent - a small league means everyone is sort of stacked - but the placeholder team has 7 of the top 50 players in FantasyPros final ranking (Jose Ramirez, Bobby Witt Jr., Mookie Betts, Austin Riley, Max Scherzer, Shane McClanahan, Dylan Cease), including 2 in the top 10. Plenty of value on the waiver wire in a league like this, too.

I had exactly the same thought - other than active management moves (trades etc) the team has been drafted under the same criteria as every other one so it is a fair team for someone to pick up

If someone wants it i will have a look at how to go about transferring it to them

I have some questions about the league. Mainly, how does it work :lol:

When do we adjust our lineups? Do I need to pay attention to the pitching, or are all the pitchers just scored for the week? Do I need to pay attention to when guys start? What about the bullpen, how do I work those guys?

Thanks for any help. It's been a long time since I played fantasy baseball, and when I did, it wasn't in a format like this one.

I have some questions about the league. Mainly, how does it work :lol:

When do we adjust our lineups? Do I need to pay attention to the pitching, or are all the pitchers just scored for the week? Do I need to pay attention to when guys start? What about the bullpen, how do I work those guys?

Thanks for any help. It's been a long time since I played fantasy baseball, and when I did, it wasn't in a format like this one.

You're doing pretty well regardless!!

In order though :

You can adjust your lineups daily and this can be set in advance.

For starts there are a certain maximum number of starts per week i think (can remember the number) so you would typically leave the starters in place and they start on their rotated days. Obviously if there are any injuries then you take them out. Exception to this is Ohtani (who i have). He needs rostered as a pitcher to count his pitching stats and as a hitter to count those. Can't accumulate both in same day (i already missed out on a start as they moved the day and i didn't see it!)

Relief pitchers just play when they are played, so don't need to be too active i think (unless team has a lot of days off etc. or they go a lot of innings and won't be used for a while)