• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate as a official College curriculum

username18526

Apparently, the University of Bridgeport located in Connecticut offers a B.A. in Martia Arts Studies.

https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/university-bridgeport/undergrad/ba-martial-arts-studies

"Although martial arts study is well established in academic life overseas, UB is the first U.S. university to offer a B.A. in Martial Arts Studies. Combining a range of liberal arts courses with martial arts practice, the program incorporates the historical and psychological dimensions of martial arts as well as other aspects of the sport."~ Page 38 in the UB Knightlines Magazine a publication of the University of Bridgeport Spring 2017

Not sure if the university includes a serious study of said martial arts applications, or just the academics. Academics without serious applications is akin to a rowboat without any oars...goes nowhere really quick.

:)

Years ago, I remember talk about a university that offered the chance to "major" in Karate, TKD, or Kung Fu. I can't remember if it was that Bridgeport University or not, but I think we had a discussion here about it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about those discussions. Great reminders. Thank you, Patrick.

Perhaps I can use my work/life experiences for college credits. I should have enough credits for a Bachelor degree from Bridgeport. :P

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!