• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Dilemma

Thanks, Ramy :) The dojang that I was talking about joining (the one I told you about), yes, that will happen. I just felt "at home" there when I visited there (unlike the place I just quit). I just need to take a break for now. Maybe for a week or two. Not long. I need to clear my head, and get out of the contract of the old dojang still.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I did it. I got out of the contract and joined the other TKD dojang :) I am much happier here. They honored my rank. So that means, I have a lot to learn, but I'm up for the challege :D Thanks all for your support :)

Laurie F

Thanks Sub, and Ramy :)

Anyways, he's ok with it. I was suprised. I left the other school on "good terms." That way I can still go with him to class and watch him. And see him test. We still do the same forms and I can still help him with technique, so we can still workout at home together :) I think it will work :)

Laurie F

Great to hear! Good luck with your new Dojang!

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

Hey Laurie!!! Well... Well???

It's late Thurs. and I just checked in here!

Sorry, I haven't "been around" but I do think of how you're doing often!

You've been dong so well and happy to hear that "everything" seems to be going well for you.... well did it tonight??? I'm sure it did... but we all are curious!! :D

(MA Girl's weekend coming up in a few months!!!) :wink:

I'm hurtin :o Man, we did a lot of jump kicks tonight. It was fun, though. I haven't done jump kicks in so long. My legs hurt, though. I learned some of the step sparring I need to learn, also. I was confusing them with the old dojang ones LOL. I was chatting with some of the other students, and I know I will love it here :)

Laurie F

Parting in good terms is always a good tactic :) Congratulations. In this way you'll be welcome in any place you've been before. I was almost certain it would work even with your loved one. You'll benefit from this, both.

Have fun and work hard. It's different when you are happy in the dojo. You can do a lot of effort and still enjoy.

I just went to a dojo run by another sensei (a friend of my sensei's and a higher rank. He and another one are the "biggest" in Romania: 7th Dan in Shotokan). I feel akward in his class, I really don't like him a lot and it's kinda strange. Still in his dojo only champions train and he is a great technician, although not such a pleasant person as my sensei. I'll go to his dojo once a week just to absorb information and to correct my technique. I have an interest in "stealing" info from there. Then I train in my dojo and enjoy it, while applying what I've learnt from the "big guy". Now I know how it feels to not love the place you train. Still I'm into it because I know he is the best and I intend using this opportunity. (He only trains with a limited number of people. He's chosy)