• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Dilemma

You know I'm there for you both if you want some Hapkido. ;)

Seriously, I hope you two can work things out so you're both happy.

Wishing ya the best. :D

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great advice all :)

I think you are right, in a way. We both love the martial arts with a passion, but maybe we are in it for different reasons. I agree with the dojang not going to change, but who knows. We have talked about this. He won't go (so far). He likes where he is. I like the thing about sharing ideas (Pacific). I know I have to make the best decision for me, but I love him (the things people will do for love). I want both of us to be happy. We have talked it over. I got him into martial arts in the first place (he followed my lead :D ).

My thing is, I never talked it over with my instructor. I think I should have. I regret not doing so, because there may be reasonings behind what they do. I like one of the instructors there. He is always willing to help students in anyway. So, I think I will talk to him before making my decision.

Laurie F

Ok, here's what's happening. Sub will prolly say that I'm a sucker LOL. Anyways, I made a agreement with my honey. I stay at the McDojang if he pays for it (I refuse ;) ). This way I can help him and make sure he "grows" as a martial artist, not just a victim of a McDojang ;) I am (Sub will like this) going to cross-train in Judo to get what I want out of martial arts, which is falling, joint locks, throws ...... pretty much self defense stuff ;) I'll do this for a while to see how it works (I'm pretty sure it will :D ). Ok, Sub, let me have it LOL

Laurie F

OH here it is.. another classic girl situation "OH i'll sacrifice everything for my boyfriend.. :cry: I'll follow him to the hell if its necesary... I'll do anything for him even if it's wrong.. I just need to be with him :bawling: "

:lol:

Don't worry, we are All suckers when we are in Love. :D

Well I know you are a smart girl and you are doing it just to peace the things for a little while, But Keep trying to get him out of it.. he's spending good money on a phoney Dojang and its not fair. Even if you aren't paying you are Still losing something even more valuable than money.. Your TIME. You could spend your time and energy in a better Place training the things you like and not Fake stuff. I think any martial artist with some self-respect should avoid training in Mcdojos.

Training in Judo is great, that will give you many good techniques and you'll learn how to perform those techniques against resisting oponents which is what you are going to need in a real self defense situation.

See you :wink:

Hehehehehe I knew you were going to say that. But you're right. Do love him, and I am doing it for him. I'm hoping he will "wakeup and spell the coffee." In other words, hopefully he'll see that there is better places out there. I will still "bug" him, too ;)

Laurie F