• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Tenants of Taekwon-Do"

KUK GI..i have not been in control lately...no patience..and alot of anger..i must learn to revaluate my self control...

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well here's a start for you..........nice bright green belt you have here, my friend..........congrats TAEZEE................ :bdaybiggrin:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

kam sa nida ..sir :smile:

Javier l Rosario

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• 2 weeks later...

on your journey to a goal:

1) try your best not to make mistakes and don't worry about the possibility of them occuring.

a) if you should make some, learn from them. do not repeat a mistake. try to repair or replace that which may be affected, then try to improve upon it.

2) try not to fail and do not worry about the possibility of failing.

a) try again after failure. isolate the cause, and correct it, then try to improve it.

b) if you should fail, it is important to remember that failure can be the seed which eventually gives birth to success. therefore; use failure to your advantage.

:nod: :up:

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

• 3 weeks later...

ROOTS OF THE TENANTS....during the silla dynasty in korea...the country was under constant harrasment by the japanese pirates..during this time a force of 50,000 soldiers was sent by king Gwanggataeto to protect the land..this is when Tae Kyon (mordern day taekwondo) was first intoroduced to the silla. those trained in taekyon became known as the HWARANG..this was to become the elite group of the silla.. the guiding priciples of the hwarang or "CODE" if you will was established by a buddist monk named Wonkang they were as follows......

be loyal to your country

be obedient to your parents

be trustworthy to your friends

never retreat in battle

never make an unjust kill

these were the roots that became a way of life for the hwarang do ("the way of flowering manhood") which would develop over the centuries to modern day taekwon do and the 11 tenants :karate:

Javier l Rosario

• 4 weeks later...

here's a thread full of tenents of taekwondo and other martial arts ......perhaps others would like to add there's here also............. :nod:

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

• 4 months later...

here's a thread for the past.........would love to see other tenents for other schools or personal tenents that you follow......... :nod:

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

• 11 months later...

In my weekly attempt to "Bring back the quality oldies", here's another post that was always kept possitive, and lasted a good long time.

Can anyone add to it?

Here's one of ours:

I will use what I learn in class constructively and defensively, to help myself and others, and never to be abusive or offensive, SIR.

Edited by SBN Doug

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.