• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ok i posted before about looking for a place to start kickboxing training.

The origional place i looked into wasn't good at all. (well fo me anyway- they were all advanced)

Anyway, i found a place that teaches Krav Maga kick boxing. i'm new to all this, but i haven't come across this type. Has anyone tried it? if so, what can you tell me- and do you reccomend it?

one thing that sounded really cool about this place, is that you pay a flat rate for classes. For $70.00 you can take anywhere from 1 to 10 one hour classes a week for my level (total beginner.) they also have a cardio kickboxing class just for fitness or whatever- which i mentioned before sounded good. and it's also included in the price.

so- anyone know anything about Krav Maga?

thanks again in advance.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

do they teach krav maga or kickboxing, krav maga , is an isreali self defense method, using kicks,knees,punches,throws,takedowns,disarms,grappling, any means necessary to defeat an opponent

and research ur instructor to make sure hes the real deal, and contact his instructor to see if he has good things to say!!!

GO TO WWW.KRAV-MAGA.COM THEY WILL TELL U EVERYTHING

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

The origional place i looked into wasn't good at all. (well fo me anyway- they were all advanced)

Don't be silly! That IS GOOD! It means it's a quality dojo and you'll receive quality instruction. At my current dojo, most of the guys have been there for at least 3 years. Sure, I spent a lot of time losing in sparring and feel like I am not progressing very much. However, once you spar against people on your level, you really get to kick some ass!

However, krava maga is taught to the Isralei army. It is designed purely for self defence, and for people of all fitness levels, ages, builds, height, weight to get proficient in hand to hand combat quickly. A very realistic and practical system for the street, utilising attack as defense. I'll probably try a lesson out next week, I'll tell you what I think if you like.

There are always two choices, two paths. One choice is easy and its only reward is it's easy.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

well, what i meant by "it wasn't too good" was that they were all really advanced, and didn't seem the leat bit interested in having "new" people come in. like, we would be wasting their time, because we weren't at a higher level. that's what i meant. and i wouldn't want to go somewhere with a philosophy like that anyway.

yeah, please let me know what you think of the class. i'm almost positive that's where i'll be going, and that's what i'll be taking. I just enroled in the new semester for college, so i'm waiting about 2 more weeks- college people know we're broke all broke right now. lol.

anyway- thanks again, and let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Krav-Maga is AWSOME! Plus it's a great way to stay in shape. I won't rehash anything that has been said before about Krav Maga. Two of my Fav. things about Krav Maga is the Cardio conditioning wich takes awhile to get used to because your pushed over the edge and then some more. The later, is automatic Defense and attack at the same time....meaning you defend yourself from an attack and at the very same time you counter attack and literally beat the crap out of your attacker before he can do the same to you. This may be confusing to some but those that study it know exactly what I'm talking about.

My training goes like this: Cardio, Stretching, and weight training (weight lifting) in the mornings Monday through Friday.

Then in the Evenings:

Monday: Kickboxing/Krav Maga

Tuesday: Kickboxing

Wednesday: Kickboxing/Krav Maga

Thursday: Kickboxing/kickboxing

Friday: rest (Although light training at home on the bags/shadowboxing)

Saturday/ Krav Maga

Sunday: Rest

This routine is almost too much for most people(Sometimes even for me) but it will get you in the best shape of your life. I didn't start out this way..but gradually built it up. I'm in no way a pro nor do I desire to become one (I'm 30 yrs old)