• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Injuries

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1. I study The Pure Art.

2. I have been studying this for 25 years.

3. I received a spear stab to my left lower abdomen ten years into training. A variety of blood-blisters from shinai. A machete cut to my right shin(19years into training). A broken nose. Spranged fingers. My most serious wound was a sword cut that severed two of my tendons and required surgery. A throwing knife injury to my forearm(15 years into training). Recently, (25 years into training) I don't get injured anymore.

No broken bones. No joint injury. A billion bruises from sticks, fists, feet, and shinai.

However, in retrospect, none of those injuries seemed severe at the time. I just took them as part of my training and trained harder. I learned much, a whole lot about energy management and control.

That's about it. I don't expect many more injuries from training.

EDIT: Spelling errors and typos.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

OuCh! :dead:

Sounds like a few of us need some good long baths in Epsom Salts!

I seem to have some bad luck in the dojo. Since the eye thing happened, though, I wear a face cage on my helmet.

Keep 'em coming ;)

If there's a story behind your injury(s), feel free to elaborate!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Stories behind my injuries?? They are mainly the cause of showing off LOL. Except for the broken finger. I did that while we were doing kick-block drills. I pulled my left hammy twice because I was almost "forcing" myself to get flexible (I was not flexible at all at the time).

In TKD, I pulled the right hammy during a board breaking class. We were allowed to pick what breaks we were going to do. I did two speed breaks (360, and speed punch), so one of the black belts said "do a jumping axe kick. You were in another style. I know you can do it." In this school, that was a BB break (I was only a yellow belt in TKD at the time). He dared me. So I did it. It was cool too. I went really high on my jump and did a perfect break (board) and rip (hammy). Good combo LOL ..... ouch!

The jumping side kick thing happened cause I wasn't paying attention to how I was landing my kick. And I don't know exactly how I hurt my left leg again. It does have something to do with MA, though.

Laurie F