• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju-Ryu Karate-Do Desk Reference?

tatsujin

I came across this book and was wondering if anyone was familiar with it or the author?

Goju-Ryu Karate-Do Desk Reference 2nd Edition

剛柔流空手道 机参照

Volume 1: Introduction & Historic Chronology

武道, 武術の歴史

by John Paul Williams

It is a little pricey, but it is 450 pages in length. It has a few decent reviews, so I have some hopes for it. Has anyone read or seen it? Or maybe you know or have met the author?

Thanks.

For me bujutsu is not a set of techniques, but a state of the body. Once the principles are integrated, the techniques surge spontaneously because the body is capable of adapting instantaneously.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
That seems like it would be an interesting book. What's the price tag on it? Is it new, or has it been around a while?

The hardback version is $119.99, the paperback is $69.99 and the Kindle version is $55.99.

This is the 2nd edition of the first volume and shows a publication date of 10/25/21.

It does have very high ratings. Unfortunately, those are not always the most reliable.

For me bujutsu is not a set of techniques, but a state of the body. Once the principles are integrated, the techniques surge spontaneously because the body is capable of adapting instantaneously.