• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What am I getting myself into??!!

Sparkey

If your senseis told you that you're OK, then you are OK :)

You have 2 possibilieties: stay away from the chalange and never give your chance to be better, to be among good MAists or you could go for it. Try to do the best. You won't be alone there and trust me not the "stupiedest". There would be another frightenned beginners ...

Try to have fun and be calm and confident. Be attentive and do the best you can. This event could be quite an important thing in your development into MA :)

Good luck. Keep us posted

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I am sorry and I sure do not mean to offend, but I guess I am an old fashion person and I just do not believe that anyone should be training in Kobudo before they are at least Brown Belt level. That use to be the tradition everywhere and IMHO should still be!

I see your point. We tend to like to rush into things. Waiting a bit longer to start kobudo training would definately help some see better the purpose behind what they were learning. Some just never get it though.

Hi gang,

Thanks for all your input! The conference has been over for a while, and I actually did OK. My sensei starts us early on Kobudo, it's true. He doesn't let the young people under the age of 18 use the Kamas, and they have to be over some age to try the sai. I'm a 'big kid' at age 32, but I have no need to try anything other than Bo and tunfa right now. Anyway, you can read how my experience went at the conference here http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5585

I had a really good time and am dilegently practicing what I've learned!

Glad to hear it went OK. I've read the other post and I'm happy for you. It's important to remember the movements of kata as well as possible and to do them correct. Now you can stay home and do them over and over again. You'll do just fine.

Congrats and tell us about the exam after you've taken the test :)

I am sorry and I sure do not mean to offend, but I guess I am an old fashion person and I just do not believe that anyone should be training in Kobudo before they are at least Brown Belt level. That use to be the tradition everywhere and IMHO should still be!

What about the traditional schools that only teach kobudo?