• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Patrick

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've finally got to see this, and have watched it a couple of times. I sat and watched the trilogy the other night!

I loved everything about this movie. It harkened back to the original, developed a very believable story line to tie the families and characters together, and I believe it did a great homage to Harold Ramis, who wrote the originals along with Dan Aykroyd.

I'll end up watching this one as much as I've watched the first two. They got this one right.

• 4 months later...

I can't tell you how many times I watched the original as a kid.

That film will have a particular place in my heart for the rest of my life.

Since Winston stated in the conclusion that he was going to fix the Ecto-1, I heard the next one will feature Winston leading a new team.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you recommend it then? The originals were classics but i wasn't sure if the new one would be worth seeing as often when a series is resurrected it drops in quality (they rely on nostalgia to get good viewing figures). If it's good though i'll need to take a watch!

I would. I thought it was a worthwhile end to that trilogy. But I also don't get too stressed about sequels, e.g. I generally like people to make more while they can, and I can ignore the stuff I don't enjoy. For some folks, that ruins the whole thing, so your mileage may vary! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Would you recommend it then? The originals were classics but i wasn't sure if the new one would be worth seeing as often when a series is resurrected it drops in quality (they rely on nostalgia to get good viewing figures). If it's good though i'll need to take a watch!

I recommend it. I'm usually skeptical about how these kinds of projects can go, but they did a great job with the story, mixing past and present, and I feel they did great homage to Harold Ramis.

I've watched this movie several times, and I enjoy it every time, and it takes me back to the first movie-nostalgia every time I watch it. I don't think I'm spoiling anything, but they really refer mostly back to events of the first movie.