• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best COVID-era Gear Buys

Hey everyone!

With the pandemic keeping us locked in for the better part of the last 15 months, indoor exercise/training equipment has been flying off the shelves everywhere. I'm curious—what have been your favorite lockdown, at-home martial arts gear buys over the past year(-ish)? Any fun experimentation with trying to create at-home dojos?

For my part, I picked up a tried and true hanging heavy bag (the freestanding ones just didn't cut it at home, and I missed the feeling of hitting a hanging one after a few months). Finding a way to mount in the garage required some architectural creativity (there isn't a ceiling; just the sloped roof), but it was a welcome addition!

Happy 20th Birthday KF :-)

Van

Van

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for posting, Van! Good idea for a thread. :)

We're in an apartment, and a bit limited, so we've been doing a lot of videos with Fitness Blender. I have been using them for years and years, and so having them as a resource has been great.

I was also glad that my wife had some weights she brought with her when she moved a few years ago. They were just 5 and 10 pounds, but better than nothing. Eventually, we did get some adjustable weights, too.

So, nothing too big, but it made me want to have a home gym one day, that's for sure. :)

Patrick