• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stories of a middle aged beginner

Questor

Still under lockdown here in Melbourne, so the last week has been just online training via Zoom.

I have to admit in general I don't get as much out of this as in person classes, which comes as no surprise I am sure.

We did do some more work on combinations though and I think I am starting to feel more confident, particularly with the first 20 of them.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Places are reopening slowly' but surely. and that's some comfort. There's nothing like having your instructor hands on and in present. Zoom for now can work providing both, you and your instructor, work out any kinks to doing lessons remotely.

Train hard and train well!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo we're back in the dojo :)

We have been able to train in person again since last Saturday. First class was definitely more easing back into things, given a lot of people haven't had the opportunity to get online and train.

Grading was initially planned for this upcoming Saturday but has been postponed a week to give people the chance to get a little more confidence back . So I should now be testing on Saturday 3rd

That's awesome! It must feel like a huge relief to be around people and train again. Good luck on your test, I can't wait to hear how you did!

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Super frustrating session (personally) last night, just felt like I was a little 'off' with everything I was doing.

I think I made it worse in my own head because I know I can do all the things we were doing much better, and so I was being extra hard on myself.

Oh well, we all have days like that, just gotta come back next session and do my best :)

Super frustrating session (personally) last night, just felt like I was a little 'off' with everything I was doing.

I think I made it worse in my own head because I know I can do all the things we were doing much better, and so I was being extra hard on myself.

Oh well, we all have days like that, just gotta come back next session and do my best :)

We all have those days, but you're right. All we can do is take a breath and keep moving.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

We all have those days, but you're right. All we can do is take a breath and keep moving.
Agreed. Those are the days during which we tend to learn the most about ourselves.

With perseverance, a beginner is no longer a beginner, no matter the age. You took the first step, and that was walking on the floor with no preconceived notions. Day by day you will cast away that beginner aura for far more things that are still before you.

Train hard, train well!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!