• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Old(er) guy getting started again

Bobd400

Welcome, BobD! :karate:

Was the "American" TKD you did, perhaps, in the ATA? I was a former member myself.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences! If you are so inclined, there is a running Martial Artists' Training Log thread in the Health and Fitness forum where you can basically share your training journal!

When I trained there (NJ) it was called Martial Arts American Freestyle, I believe that was the second name as previously it had a local town in its title (thus the unusual word order). The new name was to keep the MAAF. Was a good group of guys and the teacher (Pete) was quite skilled.

Sure I'd be glad to keep a log.

Thanks to all by the way!

• 1 year later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Welcome, BobD! :karate:

Was the "American" TKD you did, perhaps, in the ATA? I was a former member myself.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences! If you are so inclined, there is a running Martial Artists' Training Log thread in the Health and Fitness forum where you can basically share your training journal!

I realize this is over a year old now but I do apologize for not having responded to this. The school was called "Martial arts American Freestyle". Honestly I believe that name was chosen because the previous name of the school (prior to my joining) was Martial Arts Academy of Flanders (a town in NJ) and they wanted to keep the abbreviation "MAAF". It was a local school. Actually as I've done some more research I believe it was more related to Tang soo do, as looking at their katas they seem to be the most similar to the katas we performed.