• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Err... Hey!

Dablackbelt

Hey! I am new here and I joined last night... I am a black belt in Shotokan Karate and I am 14. :)

I gotta few questions:

1) Why is there a white belt next to my name? How do I get different belts like everyone else?

2) Are Nunchakus banned from England and if not how old do you gotta be to be able to buy 'em?

3) And what's this meant to mean: :spitlaugh: ?

DBB :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forums!

I'll try to answer your questions

1) The white belt refers to your post count. You "rank up" after a certain amount of posts. You will receive your yellow belt after 25 posts. Remember though, you shouldn't post JUST to get your post count up. Just like in the dojo, bad behavior can result in losing a "belt"...but it's pretty hard to do that ;)

2) I think nunchaku are banned, just like all weapons. I've even heard that you can't use a cane, because of its lethal capabilities (in which case, I shouldn't have a pencil, fingernail clippers, screws...). Therefore, I would assume nunchaku are banned as well. However, I am not English so I can't tell you for sure...I'm sure one of our English posters can tell you more definitely.

3) That's a spitlaugh... :) Y'know, you start drinking something, then you hear something terribly funny and voila! :spitlaugh:

:D Anyway, welcome again, hope you like it! There's quite a few people here your age, and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

hi welcome!

you can buy nunchaku in england but they are illegal to carry with you unless in a case. you can use them in your house and at your club NO where else. if you need a site to buy them from ill be happy to give one to you.

Ok Monkey Girl! Thank you! I see why I have a puny white belt now... Just like the olden days... I feel small again ;) and I see what you mean by 'spit laugh' now. I thought It was saying that he was drinking then he got an electric shock and it was funny or somethin weird...

O and Zero! Thanx! Please can you tell me that site? I wanna ave a look cause I'd love to get one, if I'm allowed of course... Is there any online tutorials of how to use one too? I don't have a clue... :D

Thanx,

DBB :karate:

(do do doodoo, bum bum ching)

Mr. Reece is my name,

Nunchaku is my game.

I'm taking the time,

To make this rhyme.

(do do doodoo, bum bum ching)

Ok, thats my attempt at MCee-ing. Now back to the topic.

Right, about nunchaku and is banningness....

I'm no DCI Meadows, but I'm sure there are actually few weapons banned in England. It is illegal to own handguns etc., but swords etc. are ok. Strange? not really. A kitchen knife can do the same damage as a katana........but I digress.

In England nunchaku are NOT illegal. What is illegal, however, is using them in a PUBLIC place. Thats why if you buy a weapon from the local MA shop, the vendor will wrap it up in binliners - plus its also the reason to have weapon cases.

All I know is that a few karate-ka and I were co-ordinating a demo for the local green. I happened to point out that it was public property, so I prompted a call to the police. The police said we were correct in contacting them, as it is illegal to do what we were doing. However, they said it was highly unlikely that anyone would procesute us - but for extra 'defence' they recommended that we put up 4 flags and square the area off. This meant that we had a dojo outside - therefore perfectly legal. :D

I believe, however, nunchaku scenes were banned from many many films in the 70s+, which may be your reason for thinking they are banned in England.

I hope that babbling has helped you, but before I finish......Where in England are you from? If you fancy learning kobudo I'm sure we could sort something out.

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)