• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Miyamoto Musashi movie

Trailer:

New film coming out next month about Miyamoto Musashi called Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1

Apparently the reviews so far are terrible :lol: but it does boast an epic 77-minute single-take swordfight sequence.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Out of curiosity, I'd check it out. Whether I watch the entire thing or not, well, depends on how the story is told, and how fairy-tale it is, if at all. Anyone starts flying, I'd turn it off.

I don't doubt the swordsmanship of Miyamoto Musashi who had 60 documented fights in his lifetime. However, 60 is not 400, and to me, 400 is quite far-fetched, and come to find out, there's actually 588 that he fights against. Miyamoto Musashi does take few rests while his attackers regroup for their next assault.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Funny story... I started reading “The Book of 5 Rings” today for my third or fourth time. Set down the book to take a break and check on my brisket that’s on the smoker and saw this post!

The trailer looks like a good action movie I would watch. It does not seem to accurate though. 60 and 400 is a big difference in numbers. I wonder how many fights he will use the Bokken.

Hmmm, interesting is all I can say. I'm a sucker, so I may watch it. But I think I'd rather see several great duels as opposed to the more unrealistic taking on so many an at at time fight.

I went for a walk today and saw the statue of Kojori, who was killed by Musashi in a duel, near my house and thought of this post. In the background on top of the mountain is the Iwakuni Castle as well, I always get a smile on my face anytime I get to see the neighborhood castle.

• 1 year later...

Personally, in the head role of Miyamoto Musashi, I'd prefer Hiroyuki Sanada, from The Last Samurai, over Tak Sakaguchi. Both have MA backgrounds, which don't always make a MA movie, but how Sanada has much more effective flow in his transitions and all.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!