• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Baka Ichidai!

I just found volumes 1-17 of Karate Baka Ichidai at a local Book Off!

Karate Baka Ichidai, "A Karate-Crazy Life" is a Japanese manga drawn by Jiro Tsunoda and Jōya Kagemaru, with the story written by Ikki Kajiwara. The story was inspired by the life of the real life martial artist Mas Oyama. This series also features Hideyuki Ashihara, and has 29 volumes in total.

All books are in Japanese, so very hard to read but it’s awesome to add this set to my Karate Book Shelf.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not really but the pictures are good. It’s like reading a comic book before you were able to read, I just put the story together by picture.

Good memories! I used to own the entire series both the manga books and the animated episodes. All I have now are the movies with real actors, starring Sonny Chiba. It was a popular series in the 80’s and 90’s. If you are in a good sized city in Japan, I strongly suggest visiting “book off” or other used manga/DVD stores. I found most of mine there and some more under a huge pile of junky old books. Also a few more were gotten off adds in personals and fan magazines.

I am around several Book Offs so thank you for the tip! Up until I discovered this series I would visit Hard Offs and Off Houses but I never would visit the Book Off side because... I can't speak or read Japanese. But now I know what to look for and my collection is starting to build.