• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushinkai Politics

SensiBasha

Osu

I am new atthese Boards and I thought that this would be a great place to start an new topic. Eventhough I have been in Kyokshinkai karate for 7 years now, I still cannot comprehend the difference between Iko 1 2 &3. If anyone out there can help me on my quest it would be greatly Appriciated

Osu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I honestly haven't a clue as to what Iko 1 2 & 3 even are...let me do a google (search I mean) and I'll get back to you on that.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Well, I'm back from my search but not enlightened...the only "Iko" I found was the International Karate Organisation.

Perhaps you could explain?

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

IKO 1, 2, 3?

Never heard of it.....never heard anyone talk about it.......never seen anything about it........:D

WHat is it, pray tell?

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Here's where mty knowledge ends and I hope one of yours can help.

IKO stands for International Karate (kyokushin) organisation. When Mas Oyama died the organisation was split up into 2 original groups. Midouri and some other guy. (not sure of name. They had conflicting issues and so forth.

Where I get lost is the difference between 1 2 &3

Osu

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good question. As far as I can tell the only real difference are the people in charge of the organization. When Mas Oyama died there were three people who claimed to be the "True" successor of Sosai. Of course nobody knows who really is, and so they split into the three IKO's. Not to mention all the other little associations besides those. I would'nt think there would be a big difference in how things are run. Probably mostly just little minor details, although I haven't trained with these branches personally, I am part of the IFK (Internation Federation of Karate) headed by Hanshi Steve Arneil. I know that all the kata are the same and all.If you really want to learn about Kyokushin history I'd go to http://www.australiankyokushin.com. The site is currently under construction, but it's really great so look for it in the future.

If you want to know more just ask.

Osu!

Sempai Murphy

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

• 3 months later...
It is the same problem the JKA had when Nakayama died. One strong person held the organization together. After his death, everyone wanted to run the organization.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Lets not forget the splinter groups:

World Oyama Karate Organization

Seido Karate

Seidokan Karate

Seidokaikan Karate

Shinjitaido karate

Seidoshitaikan Karate

Whew!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!