• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HHHHEEEYYYY YAH! >:D

Dablackbelt

Well technically its just a hi-low sound....but most teach it has ki-ai. A lot of people know I am in the MA since I have a school, but no one has questioned me or my ability. If they ever are to call me on it, I guess I could charge them to see.... :brow: j/k

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe "Kiai" means "shout." It is the name of the sound, not neccessarily the sound itself.

A lot of people do seem to shout "kiai!" when they do it though. I usually just go "huh!."

But I hear all sorts of crazy noises at tournaments: "Dah!" "Zoit!" "hyAaa!" "Oose!" "Die!"

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

One of the weirdest Kihaps (kiai) I ever heard was a guy in my TSD dojang. He used to shout @$$ hole. The way he shouted it, I didn't noticed at first, but then I almost cried from laughing when I realized what he was shouting LOL.

Laurie F

:lol: That is weird! Did he realise what he was saying?

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Yes! He did it on purpose LOL. He kinda shouted it one day. No one noticed till I started laughing. Then my instructor noticed, too. He had a good laugh and said, "Maybe you can do that kihap during a tourny match, but watch your mouth around the kids." Then in the adult class, my instructor did it sparring with him (the guy with the crazy kihap)! I just about fell over laughing again.

Laurie F

• 1 month later...
I believe "Kiai" means "shout." It is the name of the sound, not neccessarily the sound itself.

A lot of people do seem to shout "kiai!" when they do it though. I usually just go "huh!."

But I hear all sorts of crazy noises at tournaments: "Dah!" "Zoit!" "hyAaa!" "Oose!" "Die!"

I've heard all those noises

the funniest one i've ever heard was

"IssSSSSSS"

or one from an early coloured belt saying 'heeeyar' really really slowly caused me to lose focus and crack up.

My one sounds like DIEEEE apparently