• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HHHHEEEYYYY YAH! >:D

Dablackbelt

I remember being young (and stupid/naive etc :)) and had a similar conversation with a mate of a mate outside the pub and decided to demonstrate something that they couldnt do as a sort-of-proof... I did the side (not box - cos i cant do that) splits which shut them up as I am a bloke and thats not normal for a bloke!

Looking back... not a great idea... but better than kicking one of them ;)

I've also demonstrated by spinning a pool cue (whilst slightly drunk) and didnt stop - hitting my mate in the stomach with it :o (he understood - slightly drunk too!).

*** oooh there seems to be a beer theme here ***

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Renketsu Karate Club Senior Instructor

(http://www.renketsu.org.uk)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a woman involved in MA it's quite difficult to handle all the guys who'd like to make fun of her. Thus it's better to just shut up and don't tell :)

One of the most embarasing things that could happen is to be asked to show them a "move".

A few weeks ago I was with some friends and a new one (for me, because they've knew each other for a long time) kept asking me if I could beat him :D Hopefully I was in a great mood and I didn't show him the real thing :D

Anyway he didn't let me until I showed him one of our great low Shotokan stances ... "Hmm ... you can stay this way?" He asked. Yeah. I told him, I can stay like this longer that you (He couldn't get into the position, so no chance to stay like that :)), I can move, punch, kick, change stance ...

He was pleased with the answers and let me alone :karate:

Now I think I should have showed him a "sword hand" to the neck or a very high mawashi geri 4 milimeters from his ear ... :D

Maybe next time.

For a woman involved in MA it's quite difficult to handle all the guys who'd like to make fun of her. Thus it's better to just shut up and don't tell :).

You can say that again ramy! :nod: Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) my husband is very proud of the fact that I am a 2nd degree black belt (actually his 2 girls are... my daughter is also a bb 1st degree)... so sometimes he is on the receiving end of the comments.

One of the most embarasing things that could happen is to be asked to show them a "move".

Also happened to me more than once.... never have I found the need to prove myself to anyone :karate: :nod: :up: ... unless they require ACTUAL proof :lol: :wink:

Yeah I try and play it off and say no we go HHHHHHEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYAAAAAA

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah,

this kinda thing has happened to me thousand times :D

Now I'm just quiet about my karate and noone bothers me with: HEEEEYAAAHHHH, HAYYYAAAAAAA, CHING-CHANG-CHONG and so on.....

But of course, it's annoying and gets on the nerves.

I'll tell you all my last story with this annoying situation.

Someone stupid came to me and said: Hey, show me your: HEEEYAAAAHHHH....

And then he did some silly movements, so I said: Do you know what that movement is called?

And then he said: WHAT??

Then I said: The chickens butt :P LOL

;)

Kill is love