• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HHHHEEEYYYY YAH! >:D

Dablackbelt

Don't you just hate it when someone really annoys you and then a mate or someone stepps in and goes "He is a black belt in karate" or "he does karate" and then the other person starts making stupid HEY-YAH! sounds? it gets really annoying cause that more kung fu and jeet kwon do stuff ain' t it?

That is not what you do in Karate!!! :kaioken:

:karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell my friends not to tell other people I'm involved in MA at all. It just contributes to the conflict if you ask me. And the more they underestimate you the better.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

If anyone asks I just tell them I just started tae bo last week, if you dont watch out Ill pull a Matrix on you!!!! :P :P :P

Then stand in Daniel-san like crane stance and give the ol Bruce Lee yell!!!

I take it lightly people just dont understand. Just dont let them know your true skill level. There is nothing like the element of surprise :up:

Sometimes we take ourselves just too seriously.....

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I make it a rule never to take myself too seriously...

That way the next time I fall flat on my face I'm not too surprised :P

Anyway, when people start doing that (if they find out...I like to keep it quiet for the most part), I just go "Waaahh!" back at them. It freaks them out that I can and will make better noises. Then they try to do a knifehand stance or something so I correct them and show them how it's really done. Lately I've been considering putting them in strange positions and calling it "kung fu".... hehe I do TKD :D

Lately I've been trying to keep it quiet, though. Telling people usually starts problems. And since I'm 5'1, 95 lbs, guys rarely believe I'm a martial artist, let alone a black belt. I once spent a good 20 minutes convincing a guy...finally I had to show him a kata for him to believe me. He didn't think I could make that up on the spot. :roll:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Monkeygirl, with your skill level I can think of several ways that you could have shown him in about 7 seconds. :lol: The kata was probably a better choice. :lol:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Monkeygirl, with your skill level I can think of several ways that you could have shown him in about 7 seconds. :lol: The kata was probably a better choice. :lol:

:lol: true, true. :idea:

I have actually demonstrated a groin grab to one particularly annoying guy (kept making fun of me, touched me a couple times... *shivers* :evil: ) ... that opened his eyes REAL wide!! :lol:

No, I didn't actually grab him, I just "air grabbed" like in a kata... the look on his face... :o Talk about disabling somebody without even touching them!!!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.