• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin in Kentucky

Gokusbrothamane

hey, new member here. First post. I'll just get right to the point. I'm looking for a Kyokushin school in the Louisville, KY area. Closest I've found is one instructor in Lexington. If I must I will relocate to the Lexington area. But I'm trying to find a school that actually trains in the rigorous fashion of Mas Oyama. Anyone have any leads? Thanks.

"A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered."

Masutatsu Oyama

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First off, welcome to the Forums! :karate: Second off, have you done an internet search of the area? I'm assuming you have, based on the fact that you've found something at least close to what you are looking for. However, you might consider an expanded search, and may even consider checking some area Yellow Page ads, if those are still published in the area. I also know that there are some offshoot styles of Kyokushin that seem to have a good reputation, so looking that way might be a good idea, too.

Best of luck in your search, and again, welcome!

Two related styles you could search for are Enshin karate and Ashihara karate, which are both off-shoots of Kyokushin. A quick google search I did did not bring anything up in the Louisville area, though.

Until you find a place, your best bet would be to train in Muay Thai. Pretty much all of the skills you learn there will come in very handy when you are actually able to switch to Kyokushin. If you can combine that with some GoJu Ryu karate, you are more than half-way there.

Two related styles you could search for are Enshin karate and Ashihara karate, which are both off-shoots of Kyokushin. A quick google search I did did not bring anything up in the Louisville area, though.

Until you find a place, your best bet would be to train in Muay Thai. Pretty much all of the skills you learn there will come in very handy when you are actually able to switch to Kyokushin. If you can combine that with some GoJu Ryu karate, you are more than half-way there.

Those were the two...I couldn't remember the names. Also, good suggestion with Muay Thai. That would be a good one to find.