• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone teach pre-school or early years Martial Arts?

DWx

I take students as young as 4 years old; why not, I'm a kid at heart myself.

At that tender and quite impressive age, my curriculum is more geared towards 30 minutes of play with the basics interwoven. Nothing overly serious and nothing over-the-top.

Kata at that age is more an act of mimicking, whereas no Bunkai is very seriously taught at that age. No more than Taikyoku Shodan is taught for those students, as well as that Kata isn't even on their Testing Cycle, if and when they are approved to attend.

While their class might be scheduled for 30 minutes, their class pretty much ends when their attention span has reached its limits.

Of all the classes, the 4 years old classes are one of my most favorite. I don't ever want to grow up. As I've stated before, kids are grandmasters at play, so why not let them do that which they excel at....playing; playing and learning, especially for kids, goes hand in hand.

:)

Awesome, do you do a separate rank program for little kids or do you have them get white to junior black belt?

Jukyu to JBB

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

At that tender and quite impressive age, my curriculum is more geared towards 30 minutes of play with the basics interwoven. Nothing overly serious and nothing over-the-top.

Kata at that age is more an act of mimicking, whereas no Bunkai is very seriously taught at that age. No more than Taikyoku Shodan is taught for those students, as well as that Kata isn't even on their Testing Cycle, if and when they are approved to attend.

While their class might be scheduled for 30 minutes, their class pretty much ends when their attention span has reached its limits.

Of all the classes, the 4 years old classes are one of my most favorite. I don't ever want to grow up. As I've stated before, kids are grandmasters at play, so why not let them do that which they excel at....playing; playing and learning, especially for kids, goes hand in hand.

Awesome, do you do a separate rank program for little kids or do you have them get white to junior black belt?

Jukyu to JBB

It's always impressive if a student starts at 4 and needs to wait 14 years to get a shodan. I wonder how many older people would wait that long to get a shodan?

Teachers are always learning

Jukyu to JBB

It's always impressive if a student starts at 4 and needs to wait 14 years to get a shodan. I wonder how many older people would wait that long to get a shodan?

I've no idea who would wait that long, but even though I waited 11 years for mine, I assume I'd wait another 3 years for Shodan.

**Proof is on the floor!!!