• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thoughts on Bruce Lee in Ip Man 4?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Perhaps you meant Jason Scott Lee, and not Brandon Lee, who starred and portrayed Bruce Lee in Dragon. I thought that Jason's portrayal of Bruce was a betrayal because of his overreaching throughout Dragon.

For me, not one actor has ever done justice to Bruce in any shape, way, and/or form. Albeit, no one can fill in Bruce's shoes across the board, and to attempt to do so will always fall way short of its mark.

Good thing about the portray of Bruce in Ip Man 4 was that Bruce wasn't caused to save the day, and facts about Bruce was correct. For example, Bruce upsetting the local martial arts community in San Francisco by opening a Wing Chun school, teaching non-Chinese people martial arts and writing an English-language book on martial arts.

In short, I'm thankful that Bruce was purposefully underrepresented because this movie was about the life of Ip Man, and not about Bruce Lee. To the credits of the director Wilson Yip and producer Raymond Wong, Ip Man 4: The Finale was a movie centralized about the final 8 years of life of Ip Man, and not about Bruce Lee. Whereas, Bruce Lee was respectfully in a role as one that's mentioned about, and not the primary subject of this movie.

Imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I guess I really need to watch the Ip Man movies...

You can watch far worse MA movies than the Ip Man movies; some [ip Man movies] you have to read while watching and others, you don't. Ip Man 4 you get both.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!