• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Old Martial Arts Magazines

Over the weekend, I visited to a couple of used book stores and bought some old Black Belt and Karate/Kung Fu Magazines, ranging from 1974 to 1992. This includes the 1974 Black Belt Yearbook, with Bruce Lee recognized as the Martial Artist of the Year (posthumously).

These are great. I love stuff from the 1970s and 1980s. Does anyone else have a collection of magazines from that era?

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Man, that's cool. I'd love to find some stuff like that! I've got some old copies of Black Belt Magazine, but most of my stuff is from the mid 2000s, I think.

I've boxes and boxes full of a wide plethora of MA magazines. Anywhere from Black Belt Magazine to Inside Kung-Fu to Classic Fighting Arts to Karate Illustrated to Inside Karate to Tae Kwon Do Times to Official Karate. I'd say Black Belt and Karate Illustrated dominate the other MA magazines I have. I'm not too big on throwing them away; they're all protected one way of another.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I've boxes and boxes full of a wide plethora of MA magazines. Anywhere from Black Belt Magazine to Inside Kung-Fu to Classic Fighting Arts to Karate Illustrated to Inside Karate to Tae Kwon Do Times to Official Karate. I'd say Black Belt and Karate Illustrated dominate the other MA magazines I have. I'm not too big on throwing them away; they're all protected one way of another.

Ah, those are some names! I've still got some of my TKD Times magazines, too. I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them, either!

Ah, those are some names! I've still got some of my TKD Times magazines, too. I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them, either!

Yeah, to get rid of them is like getting rid of your MA soul. Perhaps that's about the only thing that might label me a hoarder of MA magazines.

:P

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Yeah, to get rid of them is like getting rid of your MA soul. Perhaps that's about the only thing that might label me a hoarder of MA magazines.

:P

I agree!