• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New here....

BlackBeauty

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a while but have only just recently registered and started posting. You'll find me mainly in the Muay Thai and Health, Training and Fitness forums as I've just started Muay Thai training in the last few months. I attend 3 classes a week, 2 classes where I am on the only female and the other class is a women's MT class so there's usually about 2-4 of us there.

I have never had any other martial arts training. In fact, never was interested in sport or fitness of any kind until 18 months ago when I decided to try again to lose weight. Since then, I've gone from 98kg to my current 69kg (I stand at 5'3"). I also cross-train with yoga, aerobics, basketball, stationary bike, weight training and some roadwork.

Also, I have recently consulted a sports doctor and have been diagnosed with CMP in both knees (chondromalatiapattela) and have been told to not do step-aerobics or roadwork on slopes/hills/uneven surfaces. The doc also said he wouldn't reccomend I keep going with Muay Thai but the decision's up to me. I'll stick with it. After training, I elevate and ice both my knees and have an anti-inflammatory. So far, things are going well and my knees are holding up well. I also take a lot of supplements, vitamins and minerals for both my knees and for training support and recovery from the Muay Thai training...

At this stage of my training, I'm still trying to master the basics and often feel a bit behind all the ranked ppl in my class. We have rankings in about 3 months and I'm nervous as hell. This is all completely new to me but I am really enjoying MT!

The hardest thing I am finding is that I don't get much positive feedback or encouragement from my trainers. I might be doing something well, but instead of being told that, I'm told to improve something else. Fair enough, I'll live with it and learn to use it to spur me on, but right now I'm still very much a beginner.

Cheers and see you all around! :)

Oh, and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

Edited by BlackBeauty

==================

http://come.to/BlackBeauty

==================

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I say stick with it! I have over-come cancer (cervical) with Martial Arts. My doc said if it wasn't for my training, I wouldn't have recovered as well without it. So stick to your guns, and go for it.

Welcome to the forums :)

Laurie F

Welcome to the forum BlackBeauty!

Keep up the hard work and you can achieve great things through Martial Arts. There is no such word as can't in Martial Arts. :)

It sounds like you are dedicated and train hard in all you do. Keep going!

Gheinisch

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

At this stage of my training, I'm still trying to master the basics...

I've been studying for ten years, and I'm still trying to "master the basics". :D

Welcome.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.