• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate at Home Workout Challenge

I made this for some friends, and I thought I would share it in case anyone else would like to try it.

It has techniques up to Yellow/Orange since that's what we know and it's always good to practice basics!

FojiHOj.png

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great topic; thanks for sharing it as well as the form, Radagast.

It does look quite sufficient across the board. Quite a workout, that's for sure, especially for the given rank; yet most doable. For my students, I'd seriously stress that quality of each and every technique be not sacrificed whatsoever; don't rush any technique matrix. And you're quite correct..."it's always good to practice basics!", no matter the ranks. How can one excel in the intermediate and above techniques without excelling in the basic.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

It does look quite sufficient across the board. Quite a workout, that's for sure, especially for the given rank; yet most doable. For my students, I'd seriously stress that quality of each and every technique be not sacrificed whatsoever; don't rush any technique matrix. And you're quite correct..."it's always good to practice basics!", no matter the ranks. How can one excel in the intermediate and above techniques without excelling in the basic.

Between my name and my belt I had 4 Ls to deal with - that was a LOT of nukite! The whole thing took my daughter and I about 80 minutes; we definitely weren't rushing.

Higher belts could easily swap out some of the doubles for more advanced techniques as well.

Instead of just the name which can be a bit unbalanced you could also have a "Word of the day" for exercises. I'm just trying to come up with things to make home practice more interesting and less routine.

Between my name and my belt I had 4 Ls to deal with - that was a LOT of nukite! The whole thing took my daughter and I about 80 minutes; we definitely weren't rushing.

Higher belts could easily swap out some of the doubles for more advanced techniques as well.

Instead of just the name which can be a bit unbalanced you could also have a "Word of the day" for exercises. I'm just trying to come up with things to make home practice more interesting and less routine.

Please understand, I wasn't implying that you might be rushing, I was implying that I tell my students to never ever rush any technique because the side affects can be difficult to retrain.

Your form is a great template for any and all ranks, especially as a starting point. Having fun, while making things with home practicing more interesting and less routine, is important, and necessary.

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I like the idea here, very creative! I wish more of it had less Japanese terms, though; I'm not as up-to-snuff on my Karate terms as I was when I was reading a lot more.

Soto Uke - Reverse (outside) middle block

Teisho - Palm Strikes

Yoko Geri - Side Kick

Kake Uke - Hooking Block

Nukite - Spear Hand

Mawashi Uke - Circular Block

Ushiro Geri - Back Kick

Juji Uke - X Block (see what I did there?)

Maybe I'll make a new version with both languages.

Soto Uke - Reverse (outside) middle block

Teisho - Palm Strikes

Yoko Geri - Side Kick

Kake Uke - Hooking Block

Nukite - Spear Hand

Mawashi Uke - Circular Block

Ushiro Geri - Back Kick

Juji Uke - X Block (see what I did there?)

Maybe I'll make a new version with both languages.

Most helpful! Thanks! :karate:

• 2 weeks later...