• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring and Discussions

I like the split-screen idea, Bob, but I don't know that I could pull that one off. Have you tried that with sparring review, as well, or just on forms or singular technique review?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I like the split-screen idea, Bob, but I don't know that I could pull that one off. Have you tried that with sparring review, as well, or just on forms or singular technique review?

Sparring reviews that I film are reviewed on split screen of the most recent sparring sessions to one of that students archived sparring sessions for comparison; to illustrate many things, but to also show progress as well as digressions, if any.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I personally find fidcussion about each other fight among students to be a bit of a waste of time and might be even counter productive especially if those students are low level.

I would prefer to do more drills and spar, and have teacher correct me/suggest changes to my style.

Of course quick tips during sparring like "good kick" or "come on, attack more" are ok.

A style is just a name.

I personally find fidcussion about each other fight among students to be a bit of a waste of time and might be even counter productive especially if those students are low level.

I would prefer to do more drills and spar, and have teacher correct me/suggest changes to my style.

Of course quick tips during sparring like "good kick" or "come on, attack more" are ok.

I see your point here. Perhaps it's something that may benefit higher ranked students more.

I do agree that the instructor's job is to point things out and help you make changes, but at times, I think speaking with the person who is actually scoring on you/striking you, and figure out what it is they are seeing from their point of view, and trying to counter that, could be helpful.