• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bruce Lee?

I wanted to know what everyone think about Bruce.

He was great martial artist, but was he a great fighter.

Lots of people think he would wipe the floor with other martial artists.

But is there even some proof of his fighting abilities?

What are your thoughts about that?

A style is just a name.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Opinions about Bruce Lee about his fighting abilities are all over the map. We can measure all we want, and discern even more, however, whether his fighting skills meet our expectations truly don't hold water.

"I'm not in this world to meet your expectations, and you're not in this world to meet my expectations." ~ Bruce Lee

Many renown MA have stated their opinions about Bruce and his fighting abilities, and it seems the their opinions in this regard are highly unanimously respectful to Bruce's fighting abilities.

The discerned eye can tell as to what one possess in this concern through many trained observations, and in that, the summation of 'why' is to the summation of 'because', whereas, I hold Bruce in high regards in this concern.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Bruce Lee is one of those special figures in the world. His physical abilities were incredible. He was a thinker and a doer, and luckily for us, he put a lot of it down on paper. He broke some barriers in training that have left an indelible mark on the MA world.

I imagine that the was probably more than capable of handling himself in fights and self-defense scenarios. I don't believe that he was unbeatable, and I do believe that if he would have had the chance to step into the Octagon in his prime, I'm not sure if he would have. What would a public loss have done to his image in his prime? Who knows, I could be very wrong, and perhaps he would have been more than willing to step into the Octagon to show what he had developed. It would have been great to see, that is for sure.

For now, the legend lives on....and I think the MA world is all the better for it.

Bruce Lee is one of those special figures in the world. His physical abilities were incredible. He was a thinker and a doer, and luckily for us, he put a lot of it down on paper. He broke some barriers in training that have left an indelible mark on the MA world.

I imagine that the was probably more than capable of handling himself in fights and self-defense scenarios. I don't believe that he was unbeatable, and I do believe that if he would have had the chance to step into the Octagon in his prime, I'm not sure if he would have. What would a public loss have done to his image in his prime? Who knows, I could be very wrong, and perhaps he would have been more than willing to step into the Octagon to show what he had developed. It would have been great to see, that is for sure.

For now, the legend lives on....and I think the MA world is all the better for it.

Solid post!!

Bruce Lee is the equivalent of the Beatles in martial arts.

He inspired many many people to follow his path including me as a young boy.

I don't think he was invincible but he was a tremendous martial artist, there are too many ifs and buts and Bruce Lee was a human after all but a very determined and focused and talented individual.

never give up !

I don't think he was invincible but he was a tremendous martial artist, there are too many ifs and buts and Bruce Lee was a human after all but a very determined and focused and talented individual.

I agree!!

And because he was a human being, he was far from being invincible, as all of us MAists are, however, Bruce had a edge that placed him in a very small percentage of being defeated.

I agree!!

And because he was a human being, he was far from being invincible, as all of us MAists are, however, Bruce had a edge that placed him in a very small percentage of being defeated.

Oss sensei! 😍

never give up !

Whether he could really fight or was just a showman is a question that comes up a lot about Bruce Lee.

I've trained in JKD quite a bit over the years, including with people who trained with him or some of his early students. They would tell you he was the real deal, an innovator, a genius. Whether his theories about combat hold up in real life depend, as always, on the person applying them

Keep in mind, the martial arts world was very different then. Styles did not mix, people did not cross-train, knowledge (whether right or wrong) was not freely shared. Traditionalism was very strong and people "stayed in their lane".

In today's world, Bruce might have done very well in his weight class in the UFC- IF he'd gotten more into the ground game. But that MMA exists at all is in part due to his influence. I think his contribution eclipses whether he would have been a top contender in ring sports.