• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi from Ireland

Yo :)

I'm new here - and kinda new to karate (I trained years ago but only for a year each time).

I'm returning to Shotokan at the age of 47 and have decided this time is for keeps and I'm looking at getting that black belt in 5 years.

Hoping to find some good advice in the forums here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yo :)

I'm new here - and kinda new to karate (I trained years ago but only for a year each time).

I'm returning to Shotokan at the age of 47 and have decided this time is for keeps and I'm looking at getting that black belt in 5 years.

Hoping to find some good advice in the forums here.

Welcome and Hi DoubleOhDave, you have most certainly come to the right place for adice on karate and many other disciplines of martial arts.

No matter the level, there is always something new to learn here and just as important to share.

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

DoubleOhDave, welcome to the Karate Forums and good luck on your (re)new journey in Karate!

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

Welcome to KF, and welcome back to the MA journey! I'm sure you won't be disappointed in finding friendly advice here! As a matter of fact, it's our specialty! :karate: